Toolbox Talk: Precautions to be Observed During Electrical Testing
Prior to conducting functional tests or energizing circuits, the necessary precautions shall be taken to assure that the tests can be conducted without injuring personnel or causing damage to equipment or materials.
The following guidelines shall be observed by personnel assigned to test activities:
- Other contractors, client personnel and company personnel working in an area which could be effected by a test shall be made aware of the scheduled test. The Test Supervisor or his designee shall be responsible for this notification and shall document the action in his daily log or by other suitable means.
- Barricades and/or guards shall be posted as required to protect personnel from moving items, high-voltage or other potential danger.
- Test Supervisors shall determine the panels, boxes or other equipment which will be energized during the test.
- Personnel shall be assigned and thoroughly indoctrinated as to the methods to be used to terminate the test in case of an emergency.
- Parallel and interconnecting circuits shall be locked-out to prevent them from becoming energized. Tags shall be placed on switches or equipment to indicate that such circuits are not to be energized.
- Energized equipment or circuits shall be tagged showing that they are energized. The tags shall not be removed until the test is complete and the item or area is placed in a safe condition.
- Tests shall be conducted or supervised by qualified personnel
- Observe all the safety precautions which are contained in the test procedure applicable to the item or system being tested.
- Safety equipment (e.g., rubber gloves, eye protection, grounding sticks, etc.) shall be used by test personnel as applicable.
On completion of tests, the Test Supervisor shall assure that equipment or circuits are de-energized and discharged, prior to terminating the test activity.
For questions about Toolbox Talk or general safety, contact our OSHA Authorized Instructor, Marcos Caballero at (813) 498-0359.
CONSTRUCTION STAFFING DONE RIGHT
Not all staffing companies are the same.
We believe in doing the right thing and communicating openly and honestly. These traits may not be common in construction staffing, but they serve as our foundation at Construct Corps. Our services are priced fairly and we recommend the best solution, even if it is not one we offer.
Construction staffing done right is the combination of these principles along with our refined recruiting methods, quality management processes and high staffing success rate.
5 Reasons We’re Different:
- Centralized recruiting operations make it possible to for you to receive the same high level of service – no matter where your business takes you
- Flexible staffing options to fit your needs: temporary staffing, temp-to-perm, or direct hire
- We have a proven track record of placing highly skilled candidates with leading contractors across the nation
- Extensive construction industry experience
- Well-developed network of construction industry leaders and an abundant database of skilled workers and professionals
Offering superior service since 2000, Construct Corps is a skilled trades construction staffing agency that specializes in providing jobs to qualified candidates in the electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing trades to commercial, industrial, and residential contractors throughout the United States. For more information call 866-532-6777 or contact us here.
Need more information? Call 1.866.532.6777