Toolbox Talk: Importance of Preparing for Lockout/Tagout
As with so many things we do, the preparation and planning can be some of the most important things we do. It is no different with Lockout / Tagout (LOTO). Prior to placing a piece of equipment in a LOTO state, we need to step back and look at the “big picture” if you will. We need to plan and prepare for the task.
Gather all information necessary. The more information exchanged by those involved in the job, the less likely an accident will occur. These are just some of the questions you should be able to answer before beginning lockout / tagout procedures:
- What equipment is needed?
- What are all the energy sources?
- What methods will be used to control energy sources?
- Are there hazardous substances that need to be drained?
- What protective equipment needs to be worn?
- Could energy re-accumulate while work is being performed?
- Does adjacent machinery need to be locked out as well?
Not all staffing companies are the same.
We believe in doing the right thing and communicating openly and honestly. These traits may not be common in construction staffing, but they serve as our foundation at Construct Corps. Our services are priced fairly and we recommend the best solution, even if it is not one we offer.
Construction staffing done right is the combination of these principles along with our refined recruiting methods, quality management processes and high staffing success rate.
5 Reasons We’re Different:
- Centralized recruiting operations make it possible to for you to receive the same high level of service – no matter where your business takes you
- Flexible staffing options to fit your needs: temporary staffing, temp-to-perm, or direct hire
- We have a proven track record of placing highly skilled candidates with leading contractors across the nation
- Extensive construction industry experience
- Well-developed network of construction industry leaders and an abundant database of skilled workers and professionals
Need more information? Call 1.866.532.6777 x 103 or email us.
Offering superior service since 2000, Construct Corps is a skilled trades construction staffing agency that specializes in providing jobs to qualified candidates in the electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing trades to commercial, industrial, and residential contractors throughout the United States. For more information call 866-532-6777 or contact us here.