Toolbox Talk: Complacency
The ways we maintain our safety:
- We maintain a safe workplace by following established protocols and procedures.
- We have daily safety meetings to discuss changes and potential hazards that develop from day to day on our worksite.
- We wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand.
- We complete an FLRA and/or review a JSA before starting a task.
- We take a “Four Second Reset” to stop and think about the safety side of the task we’re about to start.
- We manage our “Zone of Control” on the worksite. Hazards identified, eliminated or controlled. Maintaining housekeeping and organization. Other workers and/or mobile equipment coming into your work area.
- We report any and all perceived or potential hazards on the worksite.
- We report all near misses. When reported, we are able to collect information, identify trends, correct current problems, and prevent future incidents and injuries from happening.
- We coach, mentor and watch out for each other throughout the day.
A level of safety in the workplace where incidents are indeed a rare occurrence, does not guarantee future success, however it is an indication of a strong safety culture. It’s up to all of us to never let our guard down. Continuous safety maintenance is the backbone of a strong safety culture and a truly safe workplace.
What is Construction Staffing Done Right?
Doing the right thing. Communicating openly and honestly.
These traits may not be common in construction staffing, but they serve as our foundation at Construct Corps. We believe there is a right way to do things and that mutual success is the byproduct of sound principles. Our services are priced fairly and we recommend the best solution, even if it is not one we offer. Our centralized recruiting operations make it possible to receive the same high level of service no matter where your business takes you. Combine this with our refined systems and quality management processes that help insure a high staffing success rate, and we’re dispelling the myth that all construction staffing companies are the same.
Offering superior service since 2000, Construct Corps is a skilled trades construction staffing company, providing qualified workers to commercial, industrial, and residential contractors. Give us the opportunity to discuss your manpower needs and see why we’re different.